Civil Construction Pipe Layer
- April 1, 2018
- Posted by: hazelwood
Hazelwood Construction Services, Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking a Civil Construction Pipe Layer to join a hard-working and safety-conscious team on various projects throughout Vancouver Island.
Since 1993, Hazelwood Construction has built a solid reputation for market excellence, drawing on a foundation of quality work, stability and innovative approaches to challenging projects. Our company is founded on the principles of dedication, teamwork, and commitment to quality construction. After more than 20 years, Hazelwood Construction continues to maintain stable growth, while steadily diversifying the company’s project portfolio. No job is too challenging and innovation is the key to our success.
The Civil Construction Pipe Layer plays a crucial role in the successful completion of Hazelwood Construction projects. This individual will be involved in every phase of the construction process and will be responsible for such things as pipe-laying, compaction equipment operation and maintenance, site preparation, and excavation. The Civil Construction Pipe Layer must perform all work to regulated organizational as well as provincial and federal standards and procedures and have the ability to adhere to the highest standards of safety.
Compensation: very competitive hourly rate, plus benefits and pension plan!
- Perform work in accordance with all organizational, as well as provincial and federal health and safety standards and legislation, ensuring highest standard of safety is upheld.
- Perform the installation of pipe with the utmost standards in quality while keeping up with production targets
- Perform daily site assessments, including identification of potential work site hazards.
- Ensure appropriate tools are transported to the worksite. Ensure proper functioning off all tools prior to utilization.
- Prepare area for pipe installation, performing all necessary excavation preparation including slope and elevation determination.
- Perform required excavations to create trenches utilizing equipment or when necessary through manual digging.
- Grade and level trench bases using tamping machines or through the use of hand tools.
- Make certain all trenches are dug according to construction drawings including adherence to all specified excavation levels and depths.
- Manually or through the use of equipment, place pipe accurately and according to construction drawings.
- Place manholes and catch basins when necessary
- Properly connect pipe lengths and seal joints.
- Bed pipe with required materials, packing materials with required compaction equipment.
- Backfill trenches with required materials upon completion of job.
- Provide manual labor assistance as required.
- Maintain organizational services, facilities, and equipment.
- Engage in all forms of labour to assist in the successful completion of construction projects from start to finish.
- Tend to and operate a variety of machines and equipment necessary for the job.
- Assist site trades people as necessary.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at Hazelwood Construction Services?
- Our compensation is very competitive!
- We offer a comprehensive benefits plan which includes extended health & dental, vision care, disability, life insurance, and pension plan.
- Hazelwood Construction is a well-organized company with the resources to complete jobs with proper equipment and personnel in place.
- We have a supportive, family-oriented core group of staff that are great to work with and very proud of the work we do.
We welcome applications from individuals who meet the above criteria and who are interested in a career with Hazelwood Construction Services.
Union rates apply and all benefits are provided through the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 115.
Please see our website for more information about Hazelwood www.hazelwoodconstruction.com