- April 1, 2018
- Posted by: hazelwood
Hazelwood Construction Services, Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group of Companies, is seeking a Site Foreman to join a hard-working and safety-conscious team on various projects throughout Vancouver Island.
Since 1993, Hazelwood Construction has built a solid reputation for market excellence, drawing on a foundation of quality work, stability and innovative approaches to challenging projects. Our company is founded on the principles of dedication, teamwork, and commitment to quality construction. After more than 20 years, Hazelwood Construction continues to maintain stable growth, while steadily diversifying the company’s project portfolio. No job is too challenging and innovation is the key to our success.
Reporting to the Operations Manager or Superintendent, the site Foreman manages workers, motivating them to complete projects on schedule. The Foreman ensures that the crew complies with site rules and regulations while monitoring their work quality. The Foreman will also collaborate with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure all aspects of the project proceed as planned. The Foremen will read blueprints and construction plans, maintain equipment and manage paperwork. They may also work on the project site alongside the crew.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate, plus benefits and pension plan.
- Handle creation of job duties and delegate tasks to construction workers.
- Create and monitor schedules for each worker and ensure that he has the physical and mental ability to cope.
- Ensure accuracy of work orders prior to handing them out and make sure that time efficiency is taken into account.
- Make sure that work sites are cleaned and cleared of any hazardous materials prior to the beginning of a construction project.
- Brief crew members about how daily tasks need to be carried out.
- Manage construction budgets and track construction costs.
- Ensure that all machinery and tools are available to the crew and everything is in proper order and state of maintenance.
- Perform inspections to ensure that the crew’s performance is up to the set standards.
- Coordinate separate modules of the construction process to ensure harmony.
- Ensure that all materials, supplies, tools and equipment are procured in a time efficient manner.
- Monitor daily construction procedures to ensure that proper quality is maintained and that schedules are being followed.
- Create progress reports on a daily basis and ensure that any significant information is communicated to the Superintendent.
- Handle onsite incidents and emergencies in a proactive manner.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely procurement of supplies and materials.
- Ensure periodic maintenance and proper storage of construction equipment and tools.
- 5 or more years of civil or commercial construction experience
- 5 years of work experience as a site Foreman/management
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OH&S guidelines
- Understanding of equipment and machinery on a job site
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
Benefits of Employment – Why work at Hazelwood Construction Services?
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Comprehensive benefits plan which includes extended health & dental, vision care, disability, life insurance, and pension plan.
- We are a well-organized company with the resources to complete jobs with proper resources and personnel in place.
- The projects that we take on are often challenging and exciting, providing our employees with great opportunities to participate in problem solving and implementing innovative solutions.
- Hazelwood has a supportive, family-oriented group of employees that are great to work with and very proud of the work they do.
We welcome applications from individuals who meet the above criteria and who are interested in a career with Hazelwood Construction Services.
Union rates apply and all benefits are provided through the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 115.
Please see our website for more information about Hazelwood www.hazelwoodconstruction.com