Since the 1990’s Hazelwood Construction Services Inc. has been delivering high quality civil infrastructure projects on time and on budget throughout British Columbia. With ongoing support, training, mentorship, and opportunities for advancement, we continue to build a team of dedicated employees as strong and long-lasting as the projects that we build.
Hazelwood Construction Offers Opportunities for Growth and Advancement.
Hazelwood Construction offers many different career paths which provide long term fulfilling employment. We hire good people for our organization, then train and develop them into professionals such as Project Managers, Estimators and onsite leadership. We are committed to employee development and strive to promote from within.
At Hazelwood Construction, we believe in growing our own talent and what better way to do that than with apprenticeships and internal training programs! Start your career with a company that values safety, can offer job stability, and opportunities to learn from the best. We’re looking for Pipe Layers, Heavy Equipment Operators and Heavy Duty Mechanics.
We believe that continuous learning and development is extremely important. At Hazelwood Construction, we utilize relationships with training leaders in the construction industry to ensure our employees have access to the best and most current training opportunities. Our training partners include The BC Construction Safety Alliance (BCCSA), Vancouver Island Construction Association (VICA), Independent Contractors and Businesses Association (ICBA) and the International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE). Training opportunities include, but are not limited to, Construction Project Management, Leadership, Due Diligence, WHMIS 2015, Hazard Awareness, and Road Building & Heavy Construction Foundation.
- We offer the best total compensation package for construction industry employees on Vancouver Island.
- Our benefits plan includes health & dental coverage, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability, AD&D, and coverage for dependents.
- The pension plan is provided through the IUOE, local 115. 100% of contributions to the pension plan are made by Hazelwood Construction. The current contribution level is set at $4.00 per hour.
- Earn 12.5% vacation pay that can be accrued or paid out with every paycheque.
- Through the Member & Family Assistance Program(MFAP), employees have access to no-cost counselling for challenges such as family, marital, addictions, anxiety, depression, grief, stress, and other personal issues.
- We are one of Nanaimo’s largest construction companies with projects ongoing throughout BC year-round. We bid on projects in many different sectors and regions, which allows us to keep our staff working.
- Hazelwood Construction has an excellent reputation that is well known on Vancouver Island and throughout British Columbia.
- Whenever possible, we work closely with British Columbia’s First Nations to support community growth through employment opportunities, housing and land development, as well as joint venture partnerships.
- We provide opportunities to work on exciting projects, building infrastructure for communities throughout the Province. Become engaged in projects at the forefront of the Canadian construction industry such as Run of River Hydroelectric Projects, Heavy Civil Construction, Municipal Infrastructure, and the construction of Industrial Facilities. Examples of the numerous projects Hazelwood has worked on can be found in the projects section of our website.
- We are COR certified. The Certificate of Recognition (COR) program is an occupational health and safety audit. Certification is awarded to employers that go beyond the legal requirements of the Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation. Participation in the COR program is voluntary. Hazelwood Construction is dedicated to the health and safety of every employee, adhering to the highest industry standard.
- Hazelwood Construction always has the right machine or tool for the job. We own and maintain all of our own equipment so we can ensure all safety standards are being met.
- The projects that we take on are often challenging and exciting, providing our employees with great opportunities to participate in problem solving and the implementation of innovative solutions.
The employees at Hazelwood are the best in the business. As proven by a staff of lengthy tenure, Hazelwood provides an atmosphere of high-quality work and integrity.
Enjoy where you work. Join us to start a lifelong career!
At Hazelwood Construction We Are Always Hiring Good People!