Powell River, BC
SCOPE OF THE WORK
- General Contractor for the repairs to 14 ft diameter, 1580 ft long, steel riveted penstock originally constructed in 1925.
Scope of Repair Work Completed
- Removing and replacing two 50’ segments of pipe from under existing bridge and log flume;
- Installation of approximately 350 internal repair plates;
- Chemical removal of 60 cu meters of rock adjacent to penstock and intake structure;
- Removal and replacement with site assembled expansion joints at 2 locations
- Refurbishment of existing surge tower.